Thursday 21 August 2008

Food Storage


I worked today on organizing our food storage room. That always dominoes into the rest of the basement since things seem to get shoved into that room and forgotten. I was a little dismayed when I showed Allen how much I'd accomplished. I worked on it for so long - but this is really the best part of it....these two shelves. LOL

I've never really had a testimony of the #10 cans from the church cannery - but I decided to try my faith this year and start using them. I've decided they're pretty good! They are easy to organize and store on our shelves.


These shelves are the best. We bought them when we first got married and they were a big trial of our marriage! The instructions claimed they snapped together easily....whatever! They take forever to put up - but once they're up they're very stable and they're also very deep - which has proved to be really nice for food storage. I think we need some more though. We'll have to use a different variety though as we don't have room for another big unit like this one...but if I can accomplish my monthly canning goal we'll need some shelves......narrower ones. We do have another set of shelves to the right of the ones in this picture....but we more. I'd like to squeeze in two more. We'll see how that goes!

The thing I've learned this year as our Stake has worked on preaching the 'Provident Pantry' approach is that my food storage room seems to be an on-going organizational task because we're always using things and moving things around as we add things. Apparently this is the way it is supposed to be though....so I'll persevere!

Oh - and don't those peaches look beautiful! I ended up with 59 jars. Loving that!!!

No comments: