Thursday 24 September 2009

On Books....from Inkheart


I've been reading Inkheart, by Cornelia Funk, oh, for months now. I don't know why I've been so slow at it (well, yes I do - too busy!) It's really a great book though and I almost don't mind that it's taking me forever to read it because it's a book to be savored! I love how it is a story about stories. There are so many great quotes in that book I hate to put them all in one entry. I decided I'm going to pepper my blog with quotes from that book now and then.


Here's one. I love the analogy of books bringing familiarity. May we all have books in our lives that do this!



There was another reason why Maggie took her books whenever they went away. They were her home when she was somewhere strange. They were familiar voices, friends that never quarreled with her, clever, powerful friends - daring and knowledgeable, tried and tested adventurers who had traveled far and wide. Her
books cheered her when she was sad and kept her from being bored....

(page 15)

No comments: