Sunday 4 October 2009

More Drumheller Fun

Prior to this weekend I had kind of had a silent source of pride in the fact that I had never succumbed to what I considered the Drumheller tourist trap.

I have to say, I'm an enthusiast now! It was really a great time. My kids LOVED it! Here are some more pictures from our weekend:


That's one big dinosaur! Apparently he's the biggest in the world. We even crawled up inside him. Nothing like peering out at Drumheller from a dinosaur's perspective.





I wonder if this is how Jonah felt.....



I told him not to get that close!








So much for looking after his sister. Looks more like he's laughing at her plight. What a guy.



Ugh. Ever crossed one of these hanging bridges? I hated it!! And my darling family loved dragging me across and watching my eyeballs roll into the back of my skull.

At least the colors on the trees were pretty. Never noticed that there until I saw this picture though!


Oh...and here's something really cool from Google Maps on Odee.com!!

Dubbed the "Badlands Guardian" by locals, this geological marvel (Google Earth coordinates 50.010083,-110.113006)bears an uncanny resemblance to a human head wearing a full Native American headdress--and earphones, to boot. Of course, The Guardian was produced naturally

No comments: