Thursday 20 January 2011

Peirce's Assembly

One of the great things about my new teaching position is that Peirce's school is across the street. After school he usually comes over instead of taking the bus. He sharpens pencils, tidies up the classroom library, and a few other jobs each day, while I get ready for the next day. It's been really great. He enjoys it, I enjoy it, and it relieves a lot of mother guilt to be able to have him around.

Today I was especially grateful that his school is across the street. He announced this morning that he had an assembly at 10 am and wanted to know if I could come. I told him I probably couldn't, but I'd see what I could do. Well as it turned out my class had music from 9:50 - 10:20, so after I sent them off to music I scooted across the street. Lucky! Even luckier, his class was first on the agenda for the assembly!! I was so glad to be able to be there.

No comments: