Saturday 22 January 2011

Saturday is Not For Wimps


Most people look forward to the weekend. For me, I always have to take a deep breath and be ready for what seems like a marathon. On Friday Jill was telling me how excited she was for tomorrow. Made me think I should change my Saturday attitude. I'll try.
Here was our schedule today:


Up at 7 am to do a bit of housework and preparing for the day, then off we went to a Stake Primary Choir rehearsal. Peirce is singing in a choir for Stake Conference. Meanwhile Jill got picked up by the car pool (thank goodness for Saturday car pools!) for swim practise. Once choir was over Peirce and I headed off to the church for Bitty Ball (which is basketball for kids). He had a hoot. While he was at basketball I went over to Superstore and got a few things (I even ordered a HUGE back for split peas for our food storage. So excited about that!)

We went home for lunch. Telus called and sucked me into talking about our account - so we made some changes to that so we are getting the best deal we can. I made some split pea soup while talking to the Telus lady, then quickly ran off to the Stake RS Party. I was pleasantly surprised there. It was a lot of fun! (Relief Society tends to not do "parties" and everything tends to be rather serious and somber when it comes to Relief Society....but not today!)

The evening was the swim club's Winter Warm Up. Allen was off getting our so-called hamster (the story on that is here), and I decided to go out to Cross Iron Mills to exchange a skirt I got for Christmas that was too big. After some quick shopping I headed over to the party. I enjoyed visiting and meeting some new people and watched my kids dance up a storm while the adults visited.

By the end of all this I was beat. However, I needed to pull out the primary stuff and make sure I had an idea of what to do for primary the next day because I had a meeting at 7 am, and it's just go go go after that. I find after a day at church I'm exhausted. Primary is a great place to serve....but it isn't or wimps either!

Ever wonder why I love Mondays??!! Weekends just wear me out!!

No comments: