Wednesday 29 June 2011

It's Over!

All year I have dreaded the end of this contract. I imagined standing in the middle of my classroom crying, "it's oooooovvvver!" like the guy at the end of Just For Laughs. However, it isn't over, and I am soooo happy about that. I am so excited to have a real holiday, and to be able to go back in September.

Today was an Organizational Day. We had breakfast at 8 am at Coras. Delicious!! We talked and laughed and ate until 10 am. Then we had a meeting at the school at 11 am. There was some business to go over, and then a testimony meeting of sorts. We shared our highlights from the year. Amazing! This is a bunch of people that truly love teaching. Lots of laughs and lots of tears.

Then I spent the rest of the day getting organized. I had so much work to do! I was cleaning up, but lots of others were preparing for September. Ack! Now I'm already behind!

So, now the holidays can begin. I am not sure I have ever had a summer off. Well, that's not true. My last year f teaching, when I was pregnant with Jill, I didn't work. Other than those 6 weeks, I have always worked in the sumer! I started working in summers when I was 12. I always started as soon as school ended. In University I would add a part-time job to my full time job. Even when I taught I worked in the summers prior to kids. Then after Jill was born I started working as a mystery shopping scheduler and never took time off. This is going to be bliss!!

Tonight Peirce and I went and spent some of the Chapters gift card I got from parents in my class, then did my visiting teaching.

Now the next order of business: SLEEP!

No comments: