Tuesday 9 April 2013

General Conference

This past weekend was General Conference. I try to always listen to all the sessions. This year I wasn't quite as attentive. I missed Saturday morning because Peirce and I went to Freckleface Strawberry. Normally I don't let anything get scheduled in the way of General Conference, but I've been a real poor calenderer lately, so these things happen.

In the afternoon session and on Sunday I just listened....didn't take notes. I've always taken notes! Not sure why I didn't - but I just listened this year. It seemed like the right way to experience conference this time.

It was once again, a great conference. On Sunday morning especially my heart burned as I listened to the speakers. I'm always amazed when that happens. I know what it's like to feel the spirit testify of truth, but now and then, when it's so apparent, it strikes me again how amazing that experience is.

I really look forward to those talks being in print so I can remember what it was that touched me so! All I know is the spirit was truly witnessing to me that what I was hearing was true. I just sat still and felt the feeling and marvelled at it.

So grateful.

No comments: