Sunday 13 March 2016

Day 73 Spanish Ward


Today I went to the Spanish ward in our stake for their ward conference - my first ward conference. It was sure interesting to sit through meetings where you don't understand anything. Singing was okay. Looking at words syllable by syllable to a tune that I am familiar with wasn't too difficult. It was even enjoyable. But listening to speakers was another story. For a while I tried the headphones, listening to the translator. I couldn't differentiate the sounds. It was pure cacophony! If I could have blocked out the speaker and just heard the translator it might have been ok - but I find myself trying to listen to each at the same time. It was terrible. I really feel for people who have to come listen to a language week after week they don't really have mastery over!


No comments: