Tuesday 26 December 2006

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! It was a new experience for us - and I think one we'll repeat: to have Christmas in our own house! Loved it!

The Letourneau's came to visit on Christmas Eve. It was wonderful to visit with them. We went to the Nativity Pageant that the church puts on at Heritage Park every year. It was sure fun to listen to Peirce's comments as he watched it for the first time. The donkeys were cool and the sheep were cooler - and having the angels suddenly appear on the hill and speak with such a booming voice - well, that was way cool.

In the Ackroyd house stockings are a big deal. I hardly even remember stockings at Christmas from when I was growing up. I think most years we didn't have them - but I'm slowly becoming converted to the fun of stockings. We had a great time with all the stocking stuff on Christmas morning. The Letourneau's opened their stocking stuff with us and then they left for Edmonton for more visiting. We opened presents slowly and enjoyed each one as we opened them. It was a lot of fun. Lots of squeals and happy faces!

Later in the day my parents and my Grandpa came for dinner. While I got dinner ready Allen was busy putting toys together, putting music on IPODs and generally helping kids get their presents together and where they wanted them. He said he's never done so much building in one day! (We'll have to remember to do a bit of that sooner in the month next time I guess, if we
can!)

It was the first time I had cooked Christmas dinner. I have never cooked so many things for one meal before! I think it at turned out well (no one got sick with food poisoning anyway....so I'll call it a success). There were tons of leftovers and so I shouldn't have to cook for a few days now! Yea!

We'll definitely do Christmas this way again. It was a lot of fun!

No comments: