Thursday 28 December 2006

Sensitive People

Yesterday my sister-in-law had a baby! Yea! We're all so happy to have this little one here finally. He didn't arrive without a little excitement though. Luckily they were in the hospital at just the right time. If they hadn't been it is likely that they would have lost the baby and perhaps even my sister-in-law. We're counting our blessings!

Interesting side note to it all. Yesterday afternoon Jill came to me to tell me she had a really bad feeling. She had big tears in her eyes and said she felt scared. We had a little talk about it and I told her perhaps she needed to go pray and read scriptures for a while and try to listen to the spirit to see if there is something she needed to do. She did do that, and soon the feeling went away. Tonight Grandpa was telling us the story of the events yesterday when the baby was taken in an emergency c-section, and suddenly it all made sense. We wondered if perhaps Jill was sensing that something was wrong with her Auntie. Grandpa said his mother was like that - that she would have feelings to warn her when something was awry with someone she loved.

Jill has always been a sensitive girl. It made me grateful that I didn't brush aside her feelings when she came to me to tell me that she felt scared!

No comments: