Monday 14 July 2008

Funny how things work out sometimes....


We live in a neighborhood that doesn't have a lot of kids. Most of our neighbors have grown children. For years my kids have wished for friends in the neighborhood that they could play with. Well, over this past year a few people have moved in and now there are more kids around. Most of the kids are quite eager to play with our kids....but strangely enough, our kids could take it or leave it. The truth is they're quite content to play with each other and often find having other kids around to be a bit of a nuisance. And you know, that's okay with me. I love having them enjoy spending time together. They're really becoming good friends.


They seem to go through spells of how they like to spend their time. Peirce really loves his Play Station 2. Right now Jill spends most of her time reading. We've been going swimming almost every day and so that usually takes up our afternoon. Today J&P seemed to kind of be getting on each other's nerves a little (and as a result, mine too). I am not really one to intervene too much. I've always expected my kids to find their own fun. I was about to come up with a list of things for them to do so I could avoid listening to them verbally poke at each other when Jill approached Peirce with an idea of something they could do together. Jill is turning into a bit of a Harry Potter evangelist. She's been trying, quite unsuccessfully, to get me to read the Harry Potter books. She's tried working on Allen too (he's a little more compliant)....but today she came up with the idea to read them TO Peirce. He was thrilled with the idea and so is she....and so am I!!! This should be an interesting new twist in our family life! :0)

No comments: