Friday 18 July 2008

My Jill, The Writer

Jill has always had a bit of an obsession with writing. She has a multitude of notebooks, all that have various reasons for existence. She can't help herself when we go to the Science Center or we're somewhere where we are learning something interesting....she has to write it down and/or write about it! It's quite entertaining to watch actually. I totally understand her obsession. To me life is much better when you can write about it. :0)


Today Jill got to go to a writing camp that was put on by YouthInkIt Magazine. It was two days of real intense work...and she loved it. Each day I picked her up she just talked and talked non-stop about the things she got to do and learn and participate in. Today she said to me, "Mom! I just spent an entire day writing and researching and interviewing and thinking and typing and reading....and I LOVED it!"

Today she got to interview an Olympic bronze medalist from the Canadian Women's Curling Team. SHE EVEN GOT TO HOLD THE MEDAL (in all caps so you can get a better idea of how she told me the story). The magazine will be published in the fall with the article in it that she and 3 other girls put together. Watch for it here.

Oh, and the favorite quote of the day:



"Some people follow their dreams.
Others chase them down and beat them into submission."

No comments: