Thursday 24 July 2008

Ping Pong!


The other day we went to the rec center to try our hands at wall-climbing. We couldn't get in there at first though so had to find something to do - and ended up trying a little ping pong. Now it's our new favorite past time (well, okay - it's the kid's favorite....they have a ways to go before I can honestly say I enjoy playing ping pong with them) All the same though, it's really fun to see them so enthusiastic about it and to want to learn how to do it. We had a great time tonight.

This picture is funny to me because I hear a lot of "just one more try Mom."


Ready to slam that ball! (And to make her mother chase the ball)



Here's what Jill really prefers to do......read!

And this is so cute I couldn't resist posting it.....Peirce and his moves....what a guy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I was wondering what branch of the Ackroyd family you're on? My dh is the son of Roy Smith Ackroyd who was Walter Ackroyd's son. We're going up to Alberta next weekend for dh's mom's side's reunion (the Wildes) in Welling. I think the Ackroyds are from Raymond, right--dh is away on business so I can't ask him.
Valerie Ackroyd
johal52@yahoo.com

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like fun! which harry potter is she reading?? i loved them all!!! i can't wait for the next movie ;)

Dawn said...

She's on the very last one. The big question now will be what to read next! July has been her Harry Potter month...she read the last 3 books.