Sunday 2 November 2008

My Pet Lamb

Today I taught RS and the lesson was one of my favorite topics: Visiting Teaching! I wanted to talk about the doctrine of visiting teaching and started off with the scripture from the last chapter in John

John 21:

15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed
my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.



My only experience with sheep was a lamb we had in Lethbridge. His name was Woolley. I remember he would be clipped to the clothes line. We’d play with him until we saw the bus coming around the corner and then we’d take off to the bus. Sometimes we pegged him in the ditch to keep the grass down. He was really cute. But he got really big. He had this big cement pad of a front deck and he’d get up on the deck and butt us off. He got really nasty and mean.

Eventually we ate him.

Poor Woolley. We showed him!

No comments: