Sunday 5 December 2010

Freecycle Rocks!


I love freecycle!


Recently I noticed a boy at school who wasn't wearing a winter jacket. I asked him about it and he said he didn't have one - so usually he wore two hoodies. I figured at first he might be trying to be one of those cool kids and simply not wear something warm enough and when it got really cold he would....but even in our deep freeze weather he still only wore two hoodies. This weekend I posted a message on Freecycle explaining the sitution and asked if anyone had an extra winter jacket around. I couldn't believe the offers that came pouring in. Not only did people offer jackets, but snowpants, mitts, boots, and hats. I even had some offers of money to go buy him a new one. Today I went and picked up a jacket from one of the responses and I think it will be perfect for him. I'm so excited to give it to him tomorrow!

No comments: