Sunday 20 January 2013

A Little Sunday Miracle

I know there are others like me. We are the ones who keep clothes in closet that do not fit. One day, we promise, they will fit.

About a year ago I decided I would never again diet and never again set a goal to lose weight. My plan wasn't to remain fat. I planned to change that. I knew I had to change my focus though. I decided I would stop setting goals to lose weight and set goals that could help me lose weight instead. One was to walk every day. Another was to eat a salad once a day. I have had times where I have been sorely tempted to buy another bottle of hCg, or go to TOPS, or read some meat loving diet book AGAIN....but then I stop myself.

Now and then there are days where I want to shout out to the world that IT IS WORKING!!

What is going in today? well, today I took up the fight and put in a pair of tights I bought a long time ago. When I put them on back then they came just past my knees. I knew there was no point trying anymore. So I put them in the back of my drawer because they are really nice tights and I hoped to one day wear them. Today they were the only clean pair available so I thought I would subject myself to the torture again. After all, it has been a long time since the last try.

And you will not believe it. They are on!!! I put them on and stood in front of the mirror for a long pause. It still isn't a very pretty picture. I have so far to go. But they are on!!! And they fit! I can breathe! And I don't think the threads are suddenly going to give way!

It's a modern day miracle.

It takes a lot longer than some of the great diets I have tried, but I think this time, finally, it is going to really work. I will never again lose 20 or 30 or so pounds and gain it back, plus 5 more.

It is really working!!

Now.....to put something over this tights.

1 comment:

The Lawlor's said...

Good for you!

I love it when I see results from sticking with something.