Sunday 6 January 2013

Sunday Seven

Kind Sister In Law
This week Peirce went down to Raymond and got to play with a bunch of cousins - something that he loves to do. He called while he was there and asked if he could stay for a few days. My sister-in-law was coming up later in the week and could bring him back - so it was a go. I'm grateful for her and her kindness and unconditional acceptance. She's always happy to see us, always happy to have our kids spend time with her kids, and always accepting of whatever we do. I want to be more like her.

Good Weather
In December we had a couple weeks of really really cold weather. My walking tends to stop when it gets that cold. I'm so glad to have been back at it this week. Feels so good! It has been perfect walking weather.'

Together Again!
Jill has been gone all through the holidays. I'm so happy to have her home!

Reema
We have a girl named Reema who is renting a room from us.  She is a teacher and I really have enjoyed getting to know her. She went home to Toronto over the break and I'm happy that she will be back this week.

Books on CD
I've been doing a lot of work in the kitchen this week. I have a new plan to always listen to a book on CD while working in the kitchen. I seem to spend hours cooking and cleaning, and if I can couple that with some books, I think it will make it much more enjoyable. This week I've been listening to Inkheart on CD. Love that story!

School
I'm back at it this week! I'm looking forward to being back. I really enjoy the people I work with, and I love the process of teaching and learning.

Flames Work
Jill and I have volunteered with the Flames organization for over a year now. Jill started doing it after the summer once she turned 14. I did it alone for about a year before that. We are called volunteers. The pay from working there goes to her account with the swim club. It's a great way to make money to pay for swimming, and it's a lot of fun too. I worked a few games over the break and plan to do 2 or 3 each month. The goal is to make enough money to pay for swimming up front next year.

No comments: