Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's Eve

Last night we had a great time for New Year's Eve. We made it to midnight for the first time in years.

Allen took Peirce swimming at around 4:30 as the leisure center was having a fun thing for families. Allen's brother and his kids also went. They always have a lot of fun together. There were lots of very cool water toys, watersides and such. I didn't go, and I am glad because swimming makes me so tired.....New Year's Eve is tiring enough for me.

After that we went to a party at a friend's house. There were 3 families and 9 kids....and we only brought one of those kids. We really aren't doing our share to keep up! :)

The kids played games, watched a movie, had a piƱata, etc. The adults ate and played Settlers. Took me a while to figure it out. It ended up being quite fun.


The kids totally surprised us. We figured they would make it to around10:30. The oldest two were my son and another boy who are 10, and on down to a 18 month old. All but one of them stayed awake until midnight! We had planned to celebrate New Year's Eve around 10 pm, then go to a party for adults that we had been invited to....but we never got to the second party because no one tuckered out at the first party. At midnight we had noisemakers, stomped on bubble wrap (new idea to me....it was quite fun!), and cheered.....and then went straight home to bed. I don't know if I remember the last time I stayed up until 1:00 am. And it likely won't be until New Year's next year that I do it again.

Peirce sure was tired this morning. Nathan was going down to in Raymond for the day with his kids so they invited Peirce to come. They left at 8:30 am. Nothing like foisting your tired kid on someone else! Hopefully he sleeps in the car.

Photo: 2013!!
Photo: Happy New Year!
Photo: Home style fireworksPhoto: New Year's Eve pinataPhoto: Flyboy II

No comments: