Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday Seven

So much to be grateful for!


With this week being Thanksgiving in the states, a lot of people on Facebook seem to be posting things they're grateful for. Made me think I need to get back in the swing of my Sunday Seven Posts!! This week's Sunday Seven has a family theme.


1. My dad.

My dad has not been doing well the past couple of weeks. He was diagnosed with cancer in the Spring. It's been a real roller coaster ride. The news, "You have cancer" really takes one back. But then they said that if you have to have cancer this is the best kind to have....and the roller coaster ride has continued. One day it's positive news, then a bomb drops and we get quite worried. Right now he's in the hospital with a big mass on his spine. A couple of weeks ago they told him he had 2-6 weeks to live - but he's determined to prove them wrong....and if you ask me, an attitude like that is 9/10 of the battle.

2. My mom!

My mom is amazing. She can do anything. I love her to death and I love to visit with her and I worry about her lately with everything going on with my dad.



3. Cousins

My kids are blessed to have lots and lots of cousins. My mom has a sign on her fridge that says:


Grandma's House: Where cousins become best friends.

It's so true. The other day I was IMing with my cousin Nickee and we were talking about the fun things we remember doing on our Grandparents ranch. We had so much fun as cousins! I'm glad my kids enjoy their cousins so much and have such a good time with them too! These are pictures of their Jensen cousins:



They have three cousins on my side of the family, and 16 on Allen's side of the family!! That's a lot of cousins! I think they're very very lucky.

4. My siblings

My brother and sister are a hoot. Life is always a party when my sister and her husband are around, and it's just increased when Neil is around too. I'm so lucky! We really like Neil's new girlfriend, too. We're cheering for her to be officially added to our family!





5. My extended family

And this is just one side! This is my mom's side of the family a couple of Christmas' ago. It's so fun to get together with all of them!!





6. The family I married into!

I have been so blessed to marry into the family I married into. They're wonderful and I feel like I fit in quite well. I admire them all for so many things. They're all amazing people. Wish I had a picture to post!


7. My dear husband

Oh how I could go on! I appreciate him so much for his desires to do what's right, to work hard and provide well, and to be a good dad. We have so much fun together. Hardly a day ends without us lying in bed and ending up in a fit or laughter over one thing or another. It's a great way to end a day!


No comments: