Monday 19 May 2008

May Long Weekend

You can go ahead and slap some 'bad mother points' on me for this - but I have successfully convinced my children that camping is a special thing that dad's do with their kids. I've never been a fan of camping (blame my parents) and the rest of my family loves it. So they go camping and I don't go. It's wonderful. This weekend Allen took the kids to Livingston Falls. We were all so excited! The plan was that they'd go from Saturday afternoon until Monday. It got abbreviated a little. Apparently Jill and Peirce had gone for a walk and when they came back they told asked if they could go home because they really missed their mom. (Peirce has an especially hard time being away from home....little love bug of mine!) I guess Allen missed me too because he was all for packing up and coming home too. lol Even though it was a little shorter than I'd planned, I had a wonderful time too. First order of business was a nap. After that there was lots of house cleaning, yard work, and a number of good books to get caught up on. I did the house cleaning and yard work as fast as possible and got to what really mattered...the reading. Ahhhhhhhh!! It's been a long time since I sat and read for hours at a time....well, correction, it's been a long time since I have sat and read for hours at a time and not had to deal with the fall out of hours of neglect with housework, children's needs, meals, etc. :0) I think we may have to make this an annual tradition. I think the children need more fresh air. (This is all about what's best for them, you know!)

No comments: