Today was the hottest day so far this summer.
I decided it was a good time to hang out in the basement and get some sewing done.
A few months ago Allen and Jill went shopping and bought some dresses. A few were way too long. Today i hemmed the last one. I didn't want to just shorten it from the bottom so I took the skirt off and cut inches off there. Now all three panels are about the same length. When I had it hemmed Jill asked if I could sew some straps on it....we got fooling around with it and ended up making not only straps, but little capped sleeves. It turned out quite cute! A great summer dress.
I also got a bunch of really nice blouses from someone on Freecycle recently. They all had long sleeves. I am not a fan of long sleeves, and most of these were a little too short so
I cut them off and made short sleeves. Love them now!