Tuesday 14 April 2020

Routines Coming Along While They're Continually Changing

I'm starting to get a groove with working at home. I'm still getting my walking in in the morning - although, I feel like I should be able to get in more steps than I am. My regular life involves being on my feet all the time and this life is way too sedentary. I have been trying to pay close attention to my fitbit to make sure I at least get 250 steps every hour - but that sure isn't much. I should really go take a quick walk around the block every hour - but I can't seem to tear myself away from my computer and lose moment on things I'm working on.

Peirce is getting way more hours these days. Next week they have scheduled him for 36 hours! I was really surprised at that and not quite sure how I feel about it. In some ways, working might be a good way to make him use his time more wisely. In other ways, he's 17! Should he really be working that much? I guess all we can do is see how it goes. These are strange times, for sure.

Tonight we did some test runs with all my book club ladies to see if we could do book club on Zoom. I kind of felt having to do a test run was silly. Of course it will work. However, most of them have not had any experience with Zoom type platforms so it was good to show them the ropes a bit. I would have never thought I'd get as much experience as I'm getting with Zoom, Google Meet, Office 365 video calls, etc. I have 2 or 3 a day - and I'm not even doing them with students yet!

My mantra, it seems: These are strange times, for sure.

No comments: