Thursday 18 July 2013

33 Days

I found this great poem on Read, Write, Reflect....a great teaching blog I recently discovered. I only have 33 days left!!


Thirty-four

Thirty-four days left of summer.
Time is flying.
Trying to grasp on with both hands,
It slips through my fingers,
Laughing.

You can’t slow time.
You can’t hold on.
You can just
Be.

I want it to slow down.
More time in needed.
Where are my endless days?
Where is my down time?
Where is the peace
Quiet
Rest?

And yet, I see you.
August.
Staring.
Marching towards me
With all that you possess.

Class Lists.
Schedules.
Plans.
The First Day of School.

I do look forward to another year,
Just not yet.
I’m not recovered from the old one.
I still miss my students.

Thirty-four days left of summer.
I’m holding on the best I can.
Trying to savor every day.
Every minute.
Every moment.

No comments: