Saturday 13 July 2013

Stampeding, Working Out, and Wonderful Baptisms

Today was our annual Stampede Breakfast at the church. I volunteered to help and so we were there bright and early. However, they ended up moving it inside because it was raining and cold. As a result, they didn't need quite as many helpers so I ended up just visiting with people. It was a great time!

In the afternoon we headed out to Airdrie. We decided to go work out at the Airdrie Rec Center. Peirce went swimming and the rest of us went to the fitness area. Jill wanted to see how much she could bench press. Looks like she can do just around 100 pounds. She beat me! We did the circuit and then did some cardio. It was totally exhausting. After we filled up at Five Guys.

The real reason for going to Airdrie was to attend a baptism. A boy in our ward, Nick, was baptized. He is such a great kid. He's 14 and was invited by his neighbor, who was also recently baptized. Brandon, my cousin's foster son, was also baptized. The meeting was so emotional for me. I love both those boys and was so proud to see them both finally be baptized. They're wonderful boys!

No comments: