Monday 8 July 2013

Summer Reading Week 2

I've really been enjoying reading with Peirce yesterday and today. He has a goal to read all the Harry Potter books this summer and is just finishing the first book.


This past week I met a wonderful woman (again). I met her before at the International Reading Association meeting that I went to. She is a huge fan of picture books and really stirred up in me a new desire to find lots of great picture books to use whenever I'm teaching. Luckily, while I was marking PATs this week, I got a chance to read a number of picture books. People kept bringing picture books to put on the tables in the foyer. Now and then I'd take a break and go read one or two. It was great. So this week I read quite a few:

  • The Three Little Pigs, an Architectural Story
  • Hey! Wake Up!
  • Little Black Book of Colors
  • The Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish
  • Snoring Beauty
  • Great Estimations
  • Greater Estimations
  • My Grandmother's Clock
  • Reading With Dad
  • City Dog, Country Frog
I also finished Sunwing. Another great read! You can read all about those great books on my book blog.

Along with some more great picture books, here is my list of what I hope to read this week:

Wild Boy: The Real Life of the Savage of AveyronFirewing (Silverwing, #3)Darkwing (Silverwing, #4) The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles

No comments: